Major Achievements of the Department are:
- Most of the Scholars of the department who were awarded degrees of M.Phil./Ph. D, have got adjusted as lecturers and Assistant Professors in Schools & Higher Education Department of Jammu and Kashmir Government respectively.
- A good number of students have qualified JKSET, UGC NET/JRF examinations; even one of the student has managed to qualify Kashmir Administrative Service (KAS) examination as well. Some students have been able to get jobs in Gulf countries as teachers and translators/interpreters.
- To help students improve their language skills, the department has designed some remedial courses and has established a weekly ARABIC CLUB. The outcome has remained very positive.
- The Department has got installed International Arabic Dish with around 29 Arab channels. The students/Research Scholars get chance to watch news and other information in Arabic Language and get acquainted with the latest information about Arab world and its culture.
- The publication of Departmental Annual Journal: “JOURNAL OF ARABIC STUDIES” is equally a great achievement, as it is among the very few journals of the country in Arabic language, which has national as well as international fame due to its quality, perfection and aesthetics.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS: (from 2012- 2018)
Degree/ Certificates Awarded:
1. M. A.: 472
2. M. Phil: 18
3. Ph. D: 08
4. Certificate Course: 20
5. PG Diploma: 30
6. No. of Students obtained Distinctions: 134
No. of students who qualified JRF/ NET/ SET = 79